Not sure what you're looking for?

Call one of our experts


Cohabitation Agreements

In the Greater Vancouver or Fraser Valley area, and looking to draft a cohabitation agreement? Our expert lawyers at Darnell Law Group do them regularly.

Contact Us to Get Started

What is a Cohabitation Agreement?

It’s an agreement that you sign before you start living together. It dictates what happens if you go your separate ways. A cohabitation agreement can help prevent lengthy and expensive separation cases that often involve mediation, arbitration and court.


Only for to-be-married Couples?

No, a cohabitation agreement can be drafted for any couples that plan on living together. In BC, if you live together for two or more years, you are considered to be married under common law applications. Upon separation, the same laws apply to married couples as they do to common law couples. It’s recommended that the agreement be signed before you start living together


Contents in the Agreement

You may put anything you want in the cohabitation agreement including division of property and spousal support. However, if you discuss time-sharing and other matters related to children under 18, those matters may not hold up if the court determines that your agreements were not made in the best interests of those children.


We're Cohabitation Agreement Experts

At Darnell Law Group we draft cohabitation agreements often. Our highly skilled lawyers and staff will ensure that all critical details are expressed in your agreement.

Contact Us to Get Started

Prenuptial Agreements

A prenup is an agreement you sign with your spouse before getting married. They can make a future divorce go a little more smoothly. Our qualified expert lawyers can guide you through the process.

Separation Agreements

If you’re ready to separate, then a separation agreement should be in place. We can help you draft an agreement that makes sense for your unique case. It’s what we do.

Representation Agreements

Let the DLG team assist you in the preparation of a Representation Agreement to appoint a trusted individual to help you make health and personal care decisions.